Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanksgiving leads to Peace!

“Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Phil 4:4-7

This verse has an amazing Thanksgiving to Christmas transition! It says, “…with THANKSGIVING, (present your request to God.) And the PEACE of God (will guard your hearts and minds…)” I am asking that the Lord will guard your hearts and minds with HIS peace as you do your part in thanking HIM for all HE has and has not given!

Several years back I found myself in yet another difficult life challenge! During that time I committed to writing down one thing I was thankful for every day for 30 days! At first, I struggled to find things for which to be thankful. Some days I could only thank God for the 5 minutes of quiet in my day. Other days, with an ungrateful heart I thanked God for the weather. However, slowly, my attitude began to change; it began to infiltrate my heart! Suddenly the peace of God took over and my mind and heart were guarded against the stench which had been residing within.

In whatever situation you find yourself as you read this, I challenge you to thank God! Thank Him for the fact that you got out of bed today! Thank Him for the computer that is before you! Thank Him for whatever little ole thing you can muster up! Then do it again…and again…and again!!!!! Soon, you too will experience peace of heart and mind! I don’t understand how it happens; I just know that it does! God’s Word declares it! Go on, Sweet Sister; go find an ant to thank God for! Soon you’ll be thanking Him for the mountains- even if they are what stand in your way!!!! To HIM be the glory!!!

No comments: